How to do time lapse on 2 Different Ways
How to do a time lapse video on iPhone
Most of the time we record a video using our iPhone, that’s why it’s easier if you add the time lapse effect right into your device. Other people might think it’s too tricky to do, since most of the time lapse effects are done on computer and not on mobile device. Good thing some developers created a tool to help users to do time lapse on iPhone directly. And here are the two of the finest app that you can use.
1. Via Hyperlapse
In creating time lapse video using your videos recorded on your iPhone, then this is the tool that you’ll need. This is a full-pledge tool that solely provides adding of time lapse effects as you do the video recording. It’s time lapse effects vary as follows, 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x, and 12x. There are no tricky steps, just make some few taps and you’re done. Simply check bellow’s steps to learn more about how it’s done.
- Download and install Hyperlapse to start time lapse on iPhone.
- After that, open the application and click the “Record” button and start recording your video as you wish.
- Once done, press “Stop” and a preview of the recording will be shown along with various speed options to choose from.
- When you’re done, tap the “Check” icon and the video will be saved under your Photos app.
2. Via Timestamp Camera Basic
This next application on how to do time lapse, offers different type of capturing. Unlike the first one, Timestamp Camera Basic offers video recording, photo capturing, square recording, and time lapse. Just record a video using the “Time lapse” effect and then select the speed that you want afterward. The speed options provided range from 1.0x to 6.0x. To do time lapse video, just follow these steps.
- Download Timestamp Camera Basic and install it from AppStore.
- Next, is to choose “Timelapse” and pick the speed that you prefer.
- Press the “Record” button to begin the recording and then click “Stop” to end it.
- The video clip will then be saved under your device’s Photos application.
Software to make video time-lapse
On the other hand, if you prefer to do time lapse video on desktop, then here’s the software that you can utilize called BeeCut. This is a jam-packed video editor that offers numerous editing functions like cropping, splitting, zooming, rotating, etc. It also provides the addition of text, filters, transitions, and elements, including a function that can alter the speed of a certain video. The good thing about this tool is that it has a very easy to use interface and the steps quite simple to follow. To know how to do time lapse with this tool, here are the guided steps.
- Install this program from the download button below.
- Open the program and choose the resolution that you prefer.
- Next, is to upload the video clip that you need to work on and drag it into the timeline.
- Now to adjust the speed, simply double click the video and then select “Edit”.
- A window will pop out and from the “Speed” option you can choose the speed that you prefer from 0.2x to 0.5x.
- If you wish you do further editing or add text and effects.
- To render the file, click “Export”, pick the format that you like along with your desired title and then hit the “Export” button once again.
Upon knowing how to do time lapse, you can now show every detail on your video without cutting out some portion. The mobile methods as better if you’re going to do time lapse only. While for advanced editing, it’s preferable to use BeeCut for it offers other editing functions aside from doing time lapse video.